Terms and conditions
This terms and conditions document is used for all bookings made directly to Laponia Adventures Sweden AB with the company number 16559098 – 2996. Laponia Adventures Sweden AB will hereafter be referred to as we. All tours, expeditions, holidays, retreats and day activities will hereafter be referred to as tours or activities. All rental of equipment or outdoor support will be referred to as service.
1 Booking and payment
1.1 Multi-day tours
When placing a booking for a multi-day tour you will be asked to pay a booking fee of 20%. Upon reception of your booking fee, we will send you a booking confirmation by email. If we have not received the booking fee within 7 days from the time of your reservation, the booking will automatically be cancelled. Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer or swish.You are prompted to make the final payment latest 5 days prior to the starting date of the tour chosen.
1.2 Day tours and service
For a day tour or service you will be charged the full amount when placing your booking. Payment can be made by credit card, bank transfer or swish. Exceptions can be made when placing a booking of a service with the total cost reaching above SEK 8000.
2 Preliminary bookings
Depending on the time of year we may or may not be able to accept preliminary bookings.
3.1 By client
All cancellations should be made by email and have to be made a soon as possible. We will refund you according to the conditions below:
- Cancellations from the time you receive your booking confirmation up to 61 days before arrival/delivery of service will be charged 20% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellations from 60 days up to 31 days before arrival/delivery of service will be charged 50% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellations from 30 days up to 15 days before arrival/delivery of service will be charged 75% of the total cost of the booking.
- Cancellations within 14 days of arrival/delivery of service will be charged 100% of the total cost of the booking.
3.2 By Laponia Adventures
We reserve the right to cancel all multi-day tours due to lack of participants, until 30 days before the start of said activity. In case of cancellation, we will refund your reservation fee. If a cancellation on our part occurs later than 30 days before starting date, we will cover your costs for plane or train tickets from your home to where your activity starts.
4 Cancellation due to illness/unforeseen events
If you wish to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, you may be refunded up to 80% of the total amount. No refunds will be made after starting your tour or receiving your service.
With unforeseen circumstances, we refer to:
- Bereavement, illness or a severe accident that affected you, your travel companion, husband/wife, common-law spouse, your or partners parents, children or siblings.
- Unforeseen and serious events out of your control, for example an extensive fire in your residence.
You will need to provide proof of the reason preventing you from carrying out your journey with a certificate from either a doctor, authority or insurance company. A medical certificate must contain a diagnosis, the date of your first visit and the reason of why you are prevented from traveling.
5 Changing your booking
We will make every effort to assist you if you wish to change your booking but cannot guarantee to fulfill such requests. Requests for a change of plans must be made by email. No changes can be made after the tour has started or service have been delivered.
6 Additional information
Outdoor activities are dependent on the current weather conditions. Although we try to plan our tours at the most advantageous time of the year we might have to adapt our route due to weather, water and snow conditions and upon request of the local reindeer herders. We therefore ask you to make allowances for changes to the tour itinerary. If we are unable to offer a certain tour due to an unforeseen condition, you will be offered a similar tour or receive a refund. Please note that changes may occur at very short notice. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any transfers or delivery of rental equipment if weather conditions are causing an unforeseen risk for you, our drivers or our guides.
All the information provided on the website is, to the best of our knowledge or belief, correct at the time of publication. We will advise you of any changes that are crucial to the contract or which we believe will affect your holiday experience.
7 Your obligations as a guest/visitor
- To read your confirmation carefully and check that all dates/times and products/services are booked according to your requirements. If not, please contact us to correct any misunderstandings immediately.
- Provide us with correct contact details when placing your booking.
7.1 On our tours
- Provide us with the correct information about age, gender, nationality, emergency contact person, health condition, food restrictions and size information (if applicable) for all participants when making the reservation.
- Follow any rules and instructions that apply to the use of accommodation, transfer, activity, etc. You are liable for all damages resulting from your or your company’s behavior.
7.2 When renting equipment
- To understand how to use rented equipment and the suitability of the equipment for the planned activity.
- Check the condition of the rented equipment when receiving it and hand it back in the same condition. We will charge you for any loss or damage not caused by natural wear and tear.
- Use emergency senders or satellite phone sensibly. We will charge you for any actions leading to unnecessary rescues.
7.3 For outdoor support
- Provide us with the correct information about your previous experience level.
- Be on time for transports and follow rules and instructions given by the drivers.
8 Force majeure
Force majeure means unusual, unpredictable and unavoidable events that are outside of our control, which prevents the contract from being fulfilled. Circumstances that the we could not, within reasonable means, have foreseen and therefore could not have avoided or overcome. Including, but not restricted to, war, threat of war, riot, civilian insubordination or strike, authority measure, act of terrorism, nature- or industrial catastrophe, fire, severe weather conditions, flood, technical issues, interruption in IT-infrastructure (including but not restricted to our web site). During these conditions we free from liability or other consequences.
9 Subject to change
We reserves the right to change times, prices, payment, booking or discount conditions at will. Prices for coming seasons are always preliminary and are subject to change.
Laponia Adventures Sweden AB
SE-962 24 Jokkmokk, Sweden
Mirja +46 70-547 97 10
Christian +46 70-260 05 37
962 99 Jokkmokk
982 36 Gällivare