What do we do to make our business covid-safe?
The Corona pandemic has forced us all to rethink and adapt. At Laponia Adventures we want you to feel safe when booking and traveling with us. Among other things, we have introduced more generous cancellation policies and reduced the number of participants on our tours. The situation in the world is constantly changing, and we therefor follow the development closely and adapt our tours according to advices and recommendations that we get from the Swedish Public Health Authorities. As long as the current restriction only allowing a maximum of 8 people at gatherings, we keep the number on the tours to a maximum of 8 persons including guides. In our shop and our equipment room, we only allow 3 persons at the time.
Longer tours (jan-apr 2021)
For tours during summer season we constantly make new decision based on the situation we have at the moment.
- To join the tour you and the party you’re traveling with have to be free of symtoms. Our staff only work if they are free of symtoms. We recommend that you review your to check your insurance regarding compensation if you get symptoms and therefor not able to participate in the tour. We will reimburse you based on our regular Terms and conditions. Please follow the link for more information. https://www.laponiaadventures.com/terms-conditions/
- We ask our guests to be extra careful to avoid ant unnecessary social contacts and crowds during the last two weeks before the tour begins.
- In order to follow the recommendations from the Swedish Public Health Authorities allowing only a maximum of 8 people at gatherings, the maximum number of participants on our tours has currently been set to 8 persons, including guides. This may change to our usual maximum number of 10-12 guests if the situation improves and the recommendations ease. We only meet support staff outdoors and keep a distance of at least 2 meters from them.
- We offer single rooms for single travelers on the first night at no extra cost. For you who travel in company with someone only share a room with your party. If someone shows symptoms on day 2, the person and their company are quarantined and cannot follow the rest of the trip without a negative test result. This does not apply to the Laponia ski tour as we stay the first night in a mountain cabin.
- Out in the mountains, where we live in mountain huts, we do our best to spread out the group as much as possible. On Sarek ski expedition we offer solo travelers there own tent if they prefer so. We keep the greatest possible distance to people outside the group when we stay at mountain stations and mountain huts. Outdoors, we keep a distance of at least 2 meters from people we meet.
- We offer face masks that we want you to wear in the minibus. Outdoors, we keep a distance from each other.
- We make sure that you have access to hand sanitizer, and also soap and water where it is possible, throughout the trip.
- We have routines for possible quarantine if someone gets symptoms during the trip. At mountain cabins and mountain stations, we follow their routines where such exist.
- If any rules, laws or recommendations prevent you from traveling to our destination, you can cancel your trip up to two weeks before it starts and get a full refund.
Day activities (jan-apr 2021)
- To join the activity you and the party you’re traveling with have to be free of symtoms. Our staff only work if they are free of symtoms.
- We’ll accept a maximum of 7 guest so that you will be maximum 8 persons on the activity including the guide.
- We’ll provide face masks that we want you to use in the minibus. When we are outside we will keep a distance from each other.
- On Searching for the Sarek moose where we’ll spend some time in a minibus we only allow private groups.
- We’ll make sure there is hand-sanitizer available during the activity.
Rental equipment and shop (jan-apr 2021)
- We make sure that there is plenty of room in our facilities for you to be able to keep a distance to each other. We only allow 3 persons at the time.
- For those who wants, it is possible to pick up and pay rented equipment outside our store.
- We make sure the payment device is cleaned between each guest.
Do you have any questions or special requests? Please contact us
Mirja & Christian
Laponia Adventures Sweden AB
SE-962 24 Jokkmokk, Sweden
Mirja +46 70-547 97 10
Christian +46 70-260 05 37
962 33 Jokkmokk
We have no regular opening hours. Please give us a call before visiting us so we can make sure someone is there to help you.